The ECMS Volunteer and Ambassador Program is a formal volunteer program recognising the contribution students make to the faculty and University as a whole, and offering valuable opportunities for professional skills development.
Volunteers get involved and assist with a range of activities with duties that may involve:
- assisting with the running of events
- event set up logistics (i.e. putting out signage, setting up rooms, pack down after events)
- managing groups of prospective students at events
- running campus tours for groups of between 20-25 people
- public speaking/marketing and outreach: attendance at career evenings and high school visits, giving talks to students about your experiences
- taking part in photo shoots and providing testimonials for various printed and online publications and university promotional materials
- peer mentoring.
Students do not need to contribute a minimum number of hours to the program, however those who contribute over 30 hours in 2016 will be eligible for a certificate of recognition and appreciation signed by the Executive Dean of the Faculty of ECMS, Professor John Beynon. The certificate will be presented at a thank you ceremony at the end of the year.
Additionally, students have the opportunity to have their contributions included on their transcript (special conditions apply).
Get involved to boost your resume and gain some great experience!
A two-part information/induction session will be held on Thursday 24 March for interested participants.
The first part of this session will include general information outlining what is involved in the program and how it is run. At the conclusion of this section, students can decide whether they would like to be involved.
The second part of the session will include an induction, outlining important information that all ambassadors must be aware of before commencing in the program.
If you are interested in being a part of the 2016 ECMS Volunteer and Ambassador Program, register your interest via the form at this link.
Attendance at the information/induction session is a requirement of participation in the program.
ECMS Volunteer and Ambassador Program – Information/Induction Session
When: Thursday 24 March 2016
Where: Engineering South building, room 211
Enquiries to: Sandra Millburn, Retention Project Officer, Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Telephone: 8313 2437