Please find attached the University of Adelaide ARC LEIF Information Sheet for Funding Commencing in 2016 which includes instructions and timeline for submitting an Expression of Interest for a LIEF 2016 application where the University of Adelaide will be the Administering (lead) Organisation.
ARC’s Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) program:
The minimum grant under LIEF is $150k. Funding is normally for one year only and is not recurrent, except where international agreements and national facilities are involved. The LIEF Scheme will fund up to a maximum of 75% of the direct cost of purchasing the infrastructure, equipment or facilities. The ARC requires that at least 25% of the direct cash cost of the infrastructure must be contributed by the collaborating organisations. The University of Adelaide has specific expectations on the level of cash support to be included in LIEF proposals, detailed in Appendix 1 of the attached ARC LIEF Information Sheet for Funding Commencing in 2016.
• ARC LIEF 2016 Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for University of Adelaide led bids are due with the Research Branch by COB, Friday, 28 November 2014. This date has been agreed by Faculty Executive Deans. Late EOIs for University of Adelaide led LIEF bids will not be accepted.
After submission to the Research Branch, EOIs will be distributed to Schools and Faculties for consideration and ranking. Co-funding requests may be varied according to strategic priorities. Applicants will be advised of the outcomes of their co-funding requests in January 2015 in time to prepare and submit their Full Proposals.
• Full Applications (with Internal Signature Page and Written Evidence forms) – due with the Research Branch at a date yet to be advised.
LIEF proposals are expected to open in the ARC’s RMS system from mid-February 2015. Research Branch submission dates will be finalised and advised when the ARC deadline in known.
• ARC LIEF 2016 Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for Externally-led bids are due with the Research Branch by COB, Friday, 30 January 2015
Submitting an EOI
• Funding Rules for the 2016 round are available on the Research Branch website https://www.adelaide.edu.au/rb/funding-opportunities/arc/. The Instructions to Applicants for 2016 are not yet available. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.
• The University needs to ascertain what areas and groups are intending to apply for LIEF funding in 2016 in order to arrange necessary co-investment and joint bids with other SA universities (Flinders and University of South Australia).
• The attached LIEF 2016 Internal Information Sheet contains important information regarding University co-funding and leverage requirements, internal processes and timelines.
• EOIs MUST BE SUBMITTED:
1. University of Adelaide led LIEF bids – submit by Friday, 28 November 2014.
2. Externally-led LIEF bids – submit by Friday, 30 January 2015
3. University of Adelaide researchers who are intending to submit a LIEF 2016 application (in April 2015) must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) using the SurveyMonkey form and submit it to Research Branch by the specified date. Late EOIs will not be considered.
4. Enter your LIEF 2016 EOI at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LIEF_Expression_of_Interest_2016
5. Note: The SurveyMonkey form cannot be saved, and must be submitted in a single session. To assist applicants in the completion of the SurveyMonkey form, a WORD form is provided to assist you to collect/collate your LIEF EOI information prior to entering it into SurveyMonkey. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for queries/assistance with your SurveyMonkey submission.
ARC Grants Team, Research Branch, University of Adelaide
ARC Team Contacts
Dr Cameron van den Heuvel, Senior Research Grants Officer, 8313 6926
Roy Sneddon, Research Grants Officer, 8313 5175
Nikki Hodge, Research Grants Officer, 8313 6925
Karen Burke, Manager, Grants, 8313 3534