ARC Centres of Excellence program
ARC Centres of Excellence are prestigious foci of expertise through which high-quality researchers collaboratively maintain and develop Australia’s international standing in research areas of national priority. ARC Centres of Excellence involve significant collaboration which allows the complementary research resources of universities, publicly funded research organisations, other research bodies, governments and businesses to be concentrated to support outstanding research. The University of Adelaide has specific expectations on the level of cash support to be included in ARC CoE proposals. ARC Centres are funded for up to seven years. The University of Adelaide will support involvement in high-quality, competitive applications.
The next ARC Centre of Excellence (CoE) round will commence in the first quarter of 2015, with funding to commence in 2017. It is anticipated that the ARC will run a 2-stage process with the following approximate timing, namely:
1) ARC EoI submission: Round is likely to open sometime between January and June, 2015.
2) Invitation for Full Proposals. This is likely to be in the second half of 2015.
University of Adelaide is undertaking an internal EoI process prior to the opening of the ARC Centre of Excellence 2017 round. This internal process will provide applicants with an opportunity to confirm details of their proposal and for School/Faculty commitments to the proposed Centre to be considered. Applicants will receive feedback from School/Faculty/DVCR and a recommendation whether to proceed to the ARC EoI phase. University support cannot be guaranteed for CoE proposals that have not been submitted at the internal EoI phase, or for which the School/Faculty/DVCR has recommended not to proceed to ARC EoI phase.
Submitting an EOI
• Funding Rules for the 2014 round are available on the Research Branch website https://www.adelaide.edu.au/rb/funding-opportunities/arc/. The Funding Rules and Instructions to Applicants for 2017 are not yet available. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.
• The attached ARC CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE – 2017 ROUND – Expressions of Interest Information Sheet contains important information regarding internal University processes, leverage and co-funding expectations and timelines.
• Expressions of Interest (EOIs):
1. Must be submitted by Friday, 12 December 2014.
2. Must be submitted using the SurveyMonkey form – https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EOI_CE17
3. Note: The SurveyMonkey form cannot be saved, and must be submitted in a single session. To assist applicants in the completion of the
Please contact email@example.com for queries/assistance with your SurveyMonkey submission.
ARC Team Contacts
Dr Cameron van den Heuvel, Senior Research Grants Officer, 8313 6926
Roy Sneddon, Research Grants Officer, 8313 5175
Nikki Hodge, Research Grants Officer, 8313 6925
Karen Burke, Manager, Grants, 8313 3534