France-Australia Science Innovation Collaboration (FASIC) Program Early Career Fellowships in 2015
The FASIC program is a joint fund to support high calibre Australian and French early career researchers (ECRs) nominated by their institutions, to expand research and innovation activities and to initiate substantial research networks and linkages to support both countries’ research and innovation priorities.
Candidates should be research active in the fields of (1) Food and Agribusiness;
(2) Mining Equipment, Technology and Services; (3) Oil, Gas and Energy Resources; (4) Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals; and (5) Advanced Manufacturing.
Further information and the application form can be found here. Applications close 9am AEST Monday 27 April 2015
APEC Science Prize for Innovation, Research and Education (ASPIRE) in 2015
The Australian Academy of Science invites applications from Australian researchers for the APEC Science Prize for Innovation, Research and Education (ASPIRE) for 2015.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Excellence in scientific research, as evidenced by scholarly publication;
• Cooperation with scientists from other APEC member economies;
• Contribution to this year’s theme “Disaster Risk Reduction: Understanding the Role of Climate change and Variability”. Relevant subjects may include (but are not limited to): sustainable development, environmental studies, ecology, disaster management, urban planning and engineering.
The selection panel will also take into consideration the extent to which the applicant uses science to solve real world problems and/or whether their scientific outputs have practical applications.
Relevance of the application to Australian Government priorities is not a requirement but will be highly regarded. Australian Government priority areas are:
• advanced manufacturing
• food and agribusiness
• medical technologies and pharmaceuticals
• mining equipment, technology and services
• oil, gas and energy resources
Further information and the application form can be found here. Applications close 9am AEST Tuesday 28 April 2015.