Rettsyndrome.org seeks to gain a better understanding of the underlying pathology of the disorder leading to an amelioration of the symptoms and a cure for Rett syndrome (RTT).
Research grant awards:
- provide seed money for research that encompasses innovative therapeutic approaches and cutting-edge diagnostic techniques,
- are designed to assist investigators establish careers in fields relevant to Rett syndrome research, and
- are intended to lead to follow-on funding from other agencies.
Funding & Duration
The maximum funding for research grants is available at US $75,000 per year for two years (approx AUD $194,000 in total).
Rettsyndrome.org accepts qualified, scientific proposals from academic institutions, existing, private, early-stage pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries (if a clear need for non-profit funding to support the project is demonstrated and justified) and other non-profit organisations worldwide.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 22 May 2017 – Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted directly to Sponsor, with a copy sent to Research Services
- 3 July 2017 – full applications (invitation only) submitted for internal review.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review