About Us

The Waite Campus comprises 12 organisations, centres and groups, all involved in agricultural research and teaching, and is the largest cluster of its type in the southern hemisphere. Established in 1924 by The University of Adelaide following the generous bequest of Urrbrae House and 300 acres of land from Mr Peter Waite to the University, the Campus today is home to the University’s School of Agriculture, Food & Wine, the Waite Research InstituteWaite Arboretum, Urrbrae House Historic Precinct and Waite Conservation Reserve.

The Waite has developed into an integrated research and teaching precinct that has been presented as a model for the co-location of research institutions and has established a track record for delivering value to industry through innovative research and quality education.

Visit the Waite Campus website at http://www.thewaite.org/