Congratulations to the winners of the Faculty of Arts Creative Writing Competition for 2015:
Ms Lauren Northcote with her entry ‘Lulwa’
Darwin High School.
Mr Tom Calder with his entry ‘Colt’
Eynesbury Senior College.
Both Lauren and Tom will take part in a workshop with an accredited Creative Writing academic. Lauren will also receive a Kindle Touch, and Tom will receive a $100 Dymock’s book voucher.
The judges would also like to commend the follow entries:
- ‘Strange Fruit’ by Sirling Chuah
- ‘A Memorable Existence’ by Sarah Sun
- ‘Beloved View’ by Connor Wiegmink
- ‘The Death of Poetry’ by Gillian Hagenus, and
- ‘Click, click, slurp, slurp ‘ by Henry Leslie-O’Neill.
Thank you to all high school students who participated in the competition. The standard was extremely high and the competition attracted many entries from within South Australia and interstate!