Spatial Information Day is an educational and promotional event that provide individuals and organisations the opportunities to view innovative spatial technologies and projects through presentations and displays. To be held at the recently renovated Adelaide Convention Centre on 11 August 2017, SID includes a range of presentations on spatial initiatives and activities.
This year’s even includes:
- Keynote addresses from ESRI Australia, Leica Geosystems, Luciad and Advanced Offsite Group;
- Major project sessions which include University of Adelaide staff; and
- Presentations from government, academia, and private sector organisations within the surveying and spatial sciences industry, including the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Autodesk, AAM Group, Aerometrex, and the SA Dept. Planning, Transport and Infrastructure to name a few.
If you have an interest in surveying and GIS, this is the annual conference for you.
Full-time student are eligible to purchase heavily discounted tickets to attend all keynote addresses and program streams. In addition:
- There is a Young Professional (YP) session available, including a light-hearted and informative panel discussion entitled “Is a spatial career as glamorous as it sounds?” Panel members include surveyors and GIS professionals from diverse backgrounds, who are enthusiastic about sharing their experiences and helping YPs on the path to their chosen career.
- The panel discussion will be followed by a tour of the exhibition hall, including a ‘meet and greet’ with the various exhibiting companies. This will be a great way for YPs to connect with industry experts and to learn about the latest products and services.
With a number of University of Adelaide presenters and staff involved in the organisation of this annual event, it’s an excellent day and opportunity to meet with local, interstate and overseas spatial professionals and to learn more about the spatial sciences.
If you would like to know more, please visit www.sid.org.au