During a recent visit to Adelaide the Honorable Ronald A Cass, President of Cass & Associates from Virginia, USA delivered a special guest lecture to friends and alumni of the Adelaide Business School and the University of Adelaide’s Institute of International Trade.
His visit to Australia saw him play an active role in the University of Adelaide’s Conference on 21st Century Advocacy and his address on trade and intellectual property in a time of rising protectionism was very well received by the local business community.
His impressive appointments include:
- Chairman, Center for the Rule of Law, 2006-
- Dean Emeritus, Boston University School of Law
- Former Vice-Chairman of the US International Trade Commission (Appointed by President Ronald Reagan as Commissioner (1988-90)
- Appointed Vice-Chairman by President George H.W. Bush)
- United States Representative, Panel of Conciliators, World Bank, International Centre for International (Appointed by President George W. Bush)
- Senior Fellow, International Centre for Economic Research, Torino, Italy
- Adviser, American Law Institute, Principles of the Law of World Trade (2008- )
- Chairman, Federalist Society Practice Group on Administrative Law
- Immediate Past Chairman of Practice Group on International and National Security Law
- Policy and Government Affairs Officer, American Bar Association International Law Section
- Council Member, International Law Section (2008- )
- Co-Chair, International Law Section, Intellectual Property Committee (2005-2008)
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Judicial Independence, Liaison Member (2007- )
- Liaison to World Trade Organization (2008- ).
Cass is author of more than 100 scholarly books and articles on tort law, antitrust law, intellectual property law, administrative law and regulation, and legal process. His commentaries and opinion pieces frequently appear in news media such as The Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, the International Herald-Tribute, the Boston Globe, the Washington Times, RealClearPolitics, the New York Times and many others.
You will be able to read more about him at the Cass Associates website.
Wednesday 2 February 2011
Adelaide Town Hall
King William Street