This year, the Faculty of the Professions launched the Adelaide Advantage program. This program aims to enhance students’ career readiness through extracurricular activities that better prepare them for the transition from University to the workplace.
More than 700 students are now registered in the program and gaining recognition for their participation in internships, community and industry engagement activities, career readiness workshops, exchanges and study tours and much more.
2014 highlights include:
- Local, national and international Internships for over 80 students
- Study tours to Europe, South America, Asia and the US, including a day with the Marine Corps University in Quantico Virginia, visits to Google and LinkedIn in Silicon Valley ;
- learning from CEOs and senior management during boardroom lunches at PwC ;
- Career information sessions at the University with major corporates;
- Developing emotional intelligence and job readiness skills through internships and workshops;
- Meeting the Premier of South Australia and KPMG employees while volunteering for charity at the City to Bay Fun Run.
The support of our industry partners is essential in developing our future graduates’ skills and knowledge.
Would you like to contribute to the professional development of future graduates who want to go ‘above and beyond? Feel free to have a look at the industry webpage and to click on the link below to join our Industry Partners Network: