The OzAsia Festival is the biggest and most influential annual festival celebrating the diverse arts and culture of Asia in Australia.
This year’s theme will be on SA’s sister province in China, Shandong and promises to be one big spectacle of eye-catching, thought-provoking, knowledge-inducing entertainment.
The Adelaide Festival Centre is the home of the OzAsia Festival and leading up to the event they are looking for a Marketing Assistant with fluent written and spoken Mandarin (and English) who can help connect with Chinese community groups. This position may lead to a full-time position in the time up to the actual Festival dates.
The successful applicant requires the following qualities:
– Ability to shift seamlessly between languages – fluent in written & spoken English & Mandarin
– Great people person & not afraid to talk to strangers either in person/ on the phone
– Ability to work well in a team & take direction
– Knowledge of marketing and publicity.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with marketing campaign elements such as website and brochure content, advertising, online marketing, sales strategies, signage, direct mail, cross promotional activity.
- Setting up and maintain Chinese social media pages for OzAsia – Weibo and We chat
- Translating materials into Chinese
- Attending events with the marketing executive; ambassador events and multicultural events, to speak to community members
- Advise on strategy to reach the Chinese community through businesses, community networks and student bodies
- Assist with producing materials in English that promote Shandong province
- Attend meetings with local Chinese Media as we discuss partnerships
- Help Publicity to pitch ideas, draft stories, editorials and information in Chinese that will be of interest to Chinese papers and their readers.
- Help set up cross promotional opportunities with Chinese businesses and media to drive ticket sales
- Providing administrative support to Festival Marketing Executive.
If this is something you are interested in send a letter and your CV to:
OzAsia Festival Marketing Executive
Adelaide Festival Centre