Join CSER’s Lauren Stanhope and Toni Falusi for a 2-day intensive workshop introducing the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies for Years 7 and 8.
Over the two days participants will sign up and explore the 7-8 CSER MOOC (or CSER MOOC of your choice), investigate robotics, coding and computational thinking through hands-on activities which include:
- Using Edison robots, Ozobots and Spheros to code with visual and general-purpose programming languages.
- Provide examples of unplugged classroom activities aligned to the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Share free resources available to teachers
- Develop a basic app using app developer in conjunction with the 7-8 MOOC content
- Exploration of the available CSER Lending Library kits of LittleBits Arduino and Makey Makey as well as Lilypad wearable technologies
- Establish a professional network with teachers using twitter and Google+ for online collaborative opportunities.
To register visit the workshop’s Eventbrite page.