The Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) is seeking students with a degree from the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences to participate in the 2014 Graduate Industry Placement Scholarship program.
The program is coordinated through the University of Adelaide’s University Engagement Branch and offers a structured workplace experience for graduate students. Students are placed with an industry under a collaborative sponsored agreement for 12 months to undertake and complete a project(s) as directed by the industry supervisor while continuing to study for an appropriate University of Adelaide Masters degree.
All participants will need to undergo a security clearance, and must be an Australian citizen.
Placements will commence in January/February, 2014.
Extended Submission Deadline: Students can now apply up until the end of August 2013.
For further information, please contact the University Engagement Branch.
Benefits for students:
- Stipend scholarship payments for project activities of up to $33,000
- Links with a company to gain valuable industry experience
- Enhancement of skills through relevant real-world projects
- Development of links with a company
- Modelling and analysis of dynamic relational networks and social media data for applications in cyber security and intelligence analysis
- Distributed Cyber Security
- Architecture Networking Modelling
- Threat Analysis for Land Combat Vehicles using UAVs
- Architectural based systems analysis
- Forecasting of spare parts demand for military Land systems
- Modelling operational availability of military Land systems
- Developing databases and analytic tools for Land equipment sustainment