About the program
The Defence and STEM Internship Program funds internships of between 12 and 24 weeks with defence companies and STEM–based industries.Industry partners will have opportunities to tap into new ideas and insight from students who are learning cutting edge technologies and applications.
For more information, contact Jane Liew at the Department of State Development on telephone 8226 3136 or email email@example.com
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) field of education.
- Gain valuable industry experience with South Australia’s most advanced technology and defence companies.
- Students may receive up to $8,500 to undertake a 12-week full time or up to 24 weeks part time work placement (payable in two instalments).
Intern students must be:
- an undergraduate
- an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian citizen
- undertaking their third or fourth year of study at a South Australian University and in one of the Nominated fields of education (PDF)
- high achievers with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character and have leadership potential.
Students must maintain a satisfactory academic progress and meet the eligibility criteria throughout the period of the internship.
To apply please visit the 2017 Defence and STEM Internship Program website.