Engineering Professional Experience + University of Adelaide Scholarships Available: Nepal, India and Thailand
Delivered in partnership with Laika Academy, an award-winning social enterprise, these study programs are immersive learning journeys in some of the world’s most fascinating places.
These educational programs are professional learning experiences that harness the wisdom and knowledge of communities around the world. Think exploring volcanoes, lakes, and sustainable environments in Guatemala. Learning from, and launching your own social enterprise in India or Thailand. Seeing community projects in rural Vietnam or spending time in village home-stays in Nepal or Myanmar?
Whatever your passion and course of study, we have a program for you!
Applications Close: 23 October, 2017
For two weeks, you will join a fun group of students, experienced facilitators, and in-country partner teams, as you experience the unique and special parts of our program countries. Each day is filled with unique cultural explorations; site visits with inspiring innovators dedicated to creating solutions to solve the globe’s greatest problems; great food and fun; and the chance to learn how to tackle some of our most pressing global issues.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on local projects, from water filters and solar units in Guatemala, to bamboo construction in Nepal, and social enterprise development in Myanmar and India. You’ll also co-create your own Action Project or social enterprise throughout the program with a small team, and work through the design steps from inspiration to prototyping. Through these incredible experiences you’ll gain knowledge and experience essential to contribute to global sustainable development solutions.
- Startups and Social Enterprise : India – Learn about enterprise in the world’s most populous country, from cutting-edge tech startups in Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India, through to small-scale slum and rural ventures. All while learning by developing your own venture to pitch. $3,000 NCP Scholarships Available!
- Global Challenges : Nepal – Explore community building in this remarkable country. With rural home-stays and a chance to dive deep in the culture, you will work on a small-scale innovation project: innovative education modules, solar drying, community tourism and more. $3,000 NCP Scholarships Available!
- Sustainable Development : Vietnam – Based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) get an insight into northern Vietnam by visiting social enterprises, rural ventures and projects from micro-projects to the United Nations Development Program that are making an impact.
- Civic Engagement and Social Change : Myanmar – This incredible country is in transition and there are exceptional organisations, people and businesses driving a more engaged and connected communities. Learn about the culture and change in this emerging south east Asian nation.
- Design for Social Impact : Thailand – Using design tools and approaches to learn about how to create positive social impact through products, businesses, and services. This multi-disciplinary program draws on an inspiring network of social entrepreneurs and impact designers in rural Thailand and urban Bangkok. $3,000 NCP Scholarships Available!
- Communities and Environment : Guatemala – The natural environment in Guatemala is phenomenal, and this course explores how people and nature can intersect. From volcanoes to Mayan history this diverse program will show to design for a better future.