- The prize will be known as “The Archibald Mackie Prize”.
- The annual value of the Prize is $300.00, paid directly to the student, or such other amount as the University shall from time to time determine provided that the value of the prize does not exceed the annual distribution of interest available from the Endowment Fund.
- One prize will be awarded annually to the commencing full time student enrolled in the Bachelor of Economics degree at the University of Adelaide with the highest total marks for the Level 1 core courses in the Bachelor of Economics.
- If there is more than one candidate of equal merit, then the prize will be shared.
- The prize will not be awarded where:
- a student ceases to be enrolled in the approved program of study at the University before the prize money is paid;
- a student has provided false or misleading information with regard to their personal details;
- a student is guilty of serious misconduct in terms of the University Policy Rules for Student Conduct in the University.
- The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the University’s legal obligations and policies.
2018 winner: Madeline Shalders
Madeline Shalders with Tim Jordon, President of the Commercial Travellers’ Association
2017 winner: Samuel Price
Prizewinner Samuel Price with Tim Jordon, President of the Commercial Travellers’ Association
2016 winner: Samuel Beer