- The prize will be known as “The E. A. Russell Memorial Prize”.
- The annual value of the prize is $1,000.00, paid directly to the student, or such other amount as the University shall from time to time determine provided that the value of the prize does not exceed the annual distribution of interest available from the Endowment Fund.
- One prize will be awarded annually by the University to a student with the best overall performance in Level III in the degree of Bachelor of Economics or Bachelor of Economics (Advanced).
- If there is more than one candidate of equal merit, then the prize will be shared.
- If there is no candidate of sufficient merit in a given year then the prize will not be awarded in that year and the money may be used in subsequent years.
- The prize will not be awarded where:
- a student has provided false or misleading information with regard to their personal details;
- a student is guilty of serious misconduct in terms of the University Policy Rules for Student Conduct in the University.
The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the University’s legal obligations and policies.
2017 winner: Ngoc Nguyen