As YOU plan to head off for the summer break, consider the environment and close down work spaces sustainably!
Below is a check list of things to do before you hit the beach:
- Defrost refrigerators and switch off at the power point (leave the door open and a newspaper on the floor to catch any excess water).
- Switch off all kitchen appliances.
- Survey labs and other spaces to determine what equipment can be switched off e.g. fume cupboards.
- Recycle Christmas cards by placing them in the paper recycling bin.
- Shut down and switch off all printers, scanners, fax machines and computers.
- Shut down your computer and ensure the monitor is off, then switch off at the plug.
- Switch off any unnecessary lights, including any Christmas decorations.
- Ensure all locally controlled air conditioning is switched off and all windows and doors are closed.
- Lastly, enjoy the summer break knowing your work environment is not wasting energy!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Eco and the Office of Sustainability!
Any questions? Contact Ecoversity.
Other ideas? Chat online at: http://blogs.adelaide.edu.au/ecoversity