SA Branch March 18th Meeting- Insulating for thermal and sound control
When: Monday 18th March.
Time: 7.30pm sharp.
Where: Goodwood Community Centre (Banquet Hall), 32/34 Rosa St, Goodwood SA (Goodwood Community Centre is convenient to the tram (stop 3), buses and train. Enter the car park via Florence St.).
Entry fee: ATA members $2. Non-members $5. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
Presenter: Peter Oag of Cosywrap Insulation Services.
Following his highly popular presentation to the ATA a few years ago, Peter will discuss current materials and installation techniques for thermal and sound insulation. Topics include:
- Comparing performance and features of materials.
- Recommendations for new homes – where to insulate and how much.
- Retrofits in existing buildings – brick veneer, weatherboard and solid brick.
- Improving and rejuvenating old insulation – top-up or replace?
- Reverse brick veneer – what it involves and how it performs.
- The Pink Batts program – what went wrong?
Questions and Answers There’s a lot of knowledge amongst ATA members so come along with your queries or information to share. Following the presentation we encourage questions and discussion about energy and other aspects of sustainable living. This may be enquires such as: ‘Where can I find it?’ Or ‘How do I do it?’ It may also be information such as: ‘Here’s a product I recommend.’ Or ‘This is how you do it’.