The Centre for Energy Technology (CET) has held the first meeting of its Advisory Board, chaired by the former Premier of South Australia, The Hon. John Olsen AO.
The Advisory Board brings leading practitioners from industry, government agencies and research together to provide advice to the Centre on strategic initiatives, contribute to long term planning and promote the Centre to external stakeholders.
The meeting took place in the historic Bastien Room and included a welcome by The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), Profesor Mike Brooks, who outlined the University of Adelaide’s strategic vision. Board members also inspected some of the Centre’s leading laboratory facilities.
“We are excited to have attracted such high profile and experienced people to our Advisory Board” said Director of the CET, Professor Nathan. “Their enthusiasm for the field and breadth of knowledge are proving to be invaluable in helping to shape our future directions, and the board will play a key role in steering the direction of energy research within The University of Adelaide”.
The board strongly endorsed the vision of the University and CET and will assist its future growth and contribution to the development of clean energy technologies.
Members of the Advisory Board include:
- The Hon. Trish White, previously MP and chair of South Australia’s Economic and Finance Committee
- Mr Ian Chessel, Chief Scientist, Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology
- Ms Ros de Garis, Group Sustainability Manager, Adelaide Brighton Cement Ltd
- Mr Craig Oakeshott, Senior Manager Strategy and Economics, Australian Energy Market Operator
- Mr Mike Congreve, Manager, Alternative Energy Projects, SANTOS
- Mr Terry Kallis, Managing Director, Petratherm
- Mr David Holland, Director, Right Angle Business Services (ex-Solar Systems)
- Mr Ross Haywood, Global Practice Director, Hatch
- Mr Stephen de Belle, Managing Director, Granite Power
- Prof Mike Young, Executive Director, Environment Institute
- Prof Stephen Grano, Executive Director, Institute of Mineral and Energy Resources
For more information about the Centre for Energy Technology visit its website.