Applications are now open for the 2012 Peter Cullen Trust ‘Science to Policy Leadership Program.’
This program is aimed at mid-career ‘rising stars’ working in science, policy or river, rural or urban water management and focuses on building leadership and communication skills specifically geared to bringing about positive change in water and catchment management in Australia. The program selects attendees who are highly motivated, knowledgeable and skilled people who can continue the work of Peter Cullen.
What participants will take away from the program:
- You will engage with current leaders in science, policy and political spheres who will share their experiences in leading informed decision making.
- You’ll deepen your understanding of the policy development process and the role of science in this process.
- You will develop your leadership qualities so that you’ll be better equipped to make a difference in water system management.
- You’ll gain an understanding of, and improved skills in, effective communication in policy and political environments.
- Graduates of the program are then known as Fellows of the Peter Cullen Trust. As potential leaders in your field, Fellows may be invited by the Trust to assist future participants in leadership programs or to contribute to future programs, should they wish to do so.
- After graduation, you’ll have the opportunity to network with each other and with the water industry leaders known as the Friends of the Peter Cullen Trust.
- The Trust also offers a Mentoring Program to Peter Cullen Trust Fellows.
More information, including the application process and selection criteria can be found on the Peter Cullen Trust website.
Applications close 5pm 30th April 2012