Science meets Parliament sees 200 scientists and technologists gather in Canberra to meet face-to-face with MPs and Senators to share their science and develop some valuable professional skills. Networking opportunities, workshops and inspiring speakers will be spread over two full days at Old and New Parliament House. Registrations cost $1100 for general registrations, or $650 for early-career researchers.
The Environment Institute invites applications for funding to send a limited number of ECRs to the conference.
There are some really great speakers and topics on the program including:
- Meet the Media – Turning science into news
- Getting into policy: how science is used to shape public policy
- How to convince a parliamentarian: hear from the experts
- Who is Inspiring Australia?
- Science meets Parliament comes of age: connections and collaborations
- Your science in 60 seconds – interactive session rehearsing for parliamentary meetings
To register, you must first be a member of one of STA member organisations (list at http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/event/science-meets-parliament-2017/). Contact your member organisation and ask to be considered as a delegate for Science meets Parliament and they will provide you details of how to register.
If you aren’t a member of one of the associations but work in industry, you can register as a Corporate delegate.
There are also Indigenous Scholarships available at, applications for these close on 30 Jan.
For more information the event, visit http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/science-meets-parliament-2017/.