We are excited to announce the Environment Institute will be co-hosting the Climate Update 2019 with Australian National University Climate Change Institute (ANU).
Date: Mon 4th March 2019
Where: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, The University of Adelaide, Lot 105, North Terrace Adelaide, SA 5000
This event will present an overview of how our climate is changing and how we are responding to these changes in Australia and around the world. You’ll hear from experts, practitioners and leading commentators, including from the University of Adelaide and the Australian National University. The evening will include:
- Part 1 will summarise the latest climate research, including a snapshot of newly released data on how our climate changed in 2018, and a focus on water.
- Part 2 will discuss climate action and its economic opportunities and risks.
Part 1 – State of the Climate
- Chair – Sandy Carruthers, Department of Environment and Water
- Welcome – Professor Bob Hill, Director, Environment Institute, University of Adelaide
- Opening Address – Hon Mark Butler MP, Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy
- Global Climate Overview 2018 – Prof Mark Howden, Director, ANU Climate Change Institute
- Climate impacts: Water – Assoc Prof Seth Westra, University of Adelaide
Part 2 – Climate action: Economic Opportunities and Risks
- Chair – Prof Mark Howden, ANU Climate Change Institute
- Global economic gains from complying with Paris Climate Agreement – Prof Tom Kompas, ANU & University of Melbourne
- Climate risk & opportunities: regulatory requirements around climate change – Ms Cathie Armour, Commissioner, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
8.15 – Close. Drinks and light refreshments will be served after the event in The Atrium.
The event is a collaboration between the Environment Institute at University of Adelaide and the Australian National University Climate Change Institute. It is one of a series of Climate Update events organised by the ANU Climate Change Institute, taking place in Canberra, Sydney and Adelaide in early 2019.
Please only register if you genuinely intend to come to this event. If you find out later that you’re unable to attend, please log in and cancel your tickets or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.