The sixth annual postgraduate workshop will be run at the University of Adelaide in June 2020.
Date: Sunday 14th June – Friday 19th June 2020
Where: University of Adelaide, South Australia
Bookings: Expressions of interest including:
- Year PhD started
- Project title
- Sent to Professor Andy Austin: email@example.com
This workshop will include advanced level training in phylogenetic methods, imaging techniques, DNA barcoding, NGS-based systematics, systematics theory, nomenclature and the taxonomic process, collection management, databases, publishing results, finding a job and much more.
The workshop is designed for PhD students in the first half of their project, but applications will be accepted from anyone who is still within candidature. It is specifically designed for students undertaking projects that have a biological systematics component or are broadly relevant to systematics.
There is a maximum of 30 places – available only to students enrolled in Australian and New Zealand Universities, on a first come basis. The registration fee is $400, however this will be reduced once sponsorship is received.
- Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology & Biodiversity (The University of Adelaide}
- Environment Institute (The University of Adelaide)
- Society of Australian Systematic Biologists
- Australasian Systematic Botany Society
- Australian Biological Resources Study