The Visions 2100 Project was launched at the COP21 conference in Paris in 2015. ‘Stories from 2030’ is the follow-up from ‘Visions 2100 – Stories from your Future’.
When: Thursday, 9 June 2022, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Where: Unley Town Hall, Oxford Terrace, Unley SA 5061
Book now: Stories from 2030
In the first instalment, Stories from your Future, the 80 contributors told of their hopes and fears for the long term. This took away the practicalities of today and considered what they really wanted. The stories were challenging, amazing and sometimes heart-warming.
But ‘vision without action is merely a dream’ so the hard work of action must accelerate. The 82 global contributors to ‘Stories from 2030’ work on identifying risks, harnessing finance, developing and deploying solutions and driving government action.
They are the people who are driving the critical actions of this decade. In their stories, they address climate justice, collaboration across countries, companies and communities, adaptation of cities and economies, of ecosystems and biodiversity, of health and wellbeing. They tell what you can do to help.
Joining the author, John O’Brien, will be some of the amazing local contributors to share their views of the decade ahead. These include:
- Prof Andrew Lowe, Environment Institute at the University of Adelaide
- Dr Kristin Alford, Futurist and Director of MOD. at the University of South Australia
- Dr Chris West, Director of Koala Life
- Dr Monica Oliphant, Renewables & Environment Research Scientist and Consultant
- Kat Ryan, Coordinator Environmental Projects & Strategy at the City of Unley