The natural world has a powerful impact on our lives, from our experiences as children right through to adulthood. But how do we stay connected and replenish our ‘nature reserves’? How can we find the time in our increasingly busy lives to ensure that we’re getting the full benefits of nature and fill our ‘nature cup’?
Listen to this latest EcoFuturist podcast as Professor Andy Lowe chats about these thoughts and more with Human Geographer Professor Melissa Nursey-Bray, Deputy Director of the Institute of Sustainability, Energy and Resources (ISER), and Dr Mark Kohler, Senior Lecturer School of Psychology, both at the University of Adelaide.
Hear a snippet of the conversation below:
Listen to the full episode here: Sowing the seeds for the future of health, resilience and environmental protection.
- Youth Symposium on Human Nature Connection in the Anthropocene: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/environment/events/list/2023/11/a-symposium-on-human-nature-connection-in-the-anthropocene
- School of Psychology, University of Adelaide: https://health.adelaide.edu.au/psychology/
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide: https://health.adelaide.edu.au/
- Wellbeing in Learning and Development Lab (WiLDlab): https://wildlabadelaide.org/
- Institute of Sustainability, Energy and Resources (ISER): https://www.adelaide.edu.au/iser/
- Finding the Fab Five: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/61ca6f9be4354e808146e47e0a59a7d0
- Adaption Community Environment Research Group (ACE): https://able.adelaide.edu.au/socialsciences/adaptation-community-environment/
- Department of Geography, Environment and Population: https://able.adelaide.edu.au/socialsciences/departments/department-of-geography-environment-and-population
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education (ABLE): https://able.adelaide.edu.au/
- Jane Goodall Institute Australia Resource Box: https://janegoodall.org.au/australian-programs-resourcebox
- Roots and Shoots Australia: https://rootsandshoots.org.au/
- Review Article: https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pan3.10128
- Children and Nature Network: https://www.childrenandnature.org/
You can contact Eco Futurists podcast here.
Enjoying the show? Rate, review, and share it with your friends to help listeners like yourself explore their inner Eco Futurist.
Lead image (l-r): Professor Andy Lowe, Dr Mark Kohler and Professor Melissa Nursey-Bray.