To address findings from a recent internal audit of travel and expenses, minor amendments have been made to the Travel and Entertainment Policy and Procedures and the Credit Card Procedures.
In summary, the amendments are:
- Guidance on the role and responsibilities of Acquittal Approvers (view the new Quick Reference Guide for Acquittal Approvers)
- Clarification on what staff can be issued with a card i.e. continuing / fixed term only
- Clarity around general purchasing in line with the Purchasing Procedures
- Addition of Defence Trade Controls Act 2012 (DTCA) and The Autonomous Sanctions Act 2011 (ASA) obligations
- Clarification on which class of flights are acceptable
- Guidance on supporting documentation.