Kathleen Fitzpatrick Laureate Mentoring Scheme

We encourage all Fay Gale members to consider applying for the fabulous new Kathleen Fitzpatrick Laureate Mentoring Scheme held at the University of Melbourne. Applications for 2016 are now open. The scheme is for early-career women researchers in the humanities and social sciences, and will run from the 28th Nov to the 2nd of December 2016.  The aim is to attract outstanding early career female researchers who have completed their PhDs within the past 10 years to an intensive mentoring programme. All travel and accommodation costs to Melbourne will be covered.

To apply, please see the following link: http://shaps.unimelb.edu.au/research/projects/fitzpatrick-laureate-fellowshiphttp://shaps.unimelb.edu.au/research/projects/fitzpatrick-laureate-fellowship

Some feedback from Fay Gale members who have participated in the mentoring scheme:

“The Kathleen Fitzpatrick Laureate Fellowship Mentoring Scheme is one of the highlights of my career.  The opportunity to focus exclusively on my development as a researcher for five full days whilst drawing on the experience of other early career researchers, carefully selected expert presenters, and the wonderful Joy Damousi was brilliant.  Joy’s enthusiasm, experience and energy made for a positive and open learning environment where attendees and presenters shared experiences and offered practical advice about becoming a successful researcher.  I left feeling inspired and enthused, not only about my research career, but the fantastic research network that I am now a part of. I cannot recommend this scheme highly enough!”

Dr Pam Papadelos (and wholly endorsed by Dr Victoria Cornell)

“It was great privilege to have a whole week to hear from and engage with such amazing women in an open and collegiate atmosphere. The presenters and participants demonstrated a range of ways to successfully inhabit the changing space of academia. Joy Damousi is a dynamo and thanks to her generosity and expertise I came away from the program with some confidence to imagine a research trajectory beyond the current grant, and better still a bunch of new friends and colleagues!”

Dr Tanya Zivkovic

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.