Exchange at Dalhousie University – by Talia

Taking an exchange in Halifax, Nova Scotia, has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had with university so far. I took a semester long exchange during the fall term at Dalhousie University which was such a beautiful time of year. I got to see all the changing of the colours around the city, managed to sneak in a trip to Toronto for a week, and met some amazing people along the way.

I first landed in Canada at the end of July and travelled around the west coast for about a month before heading to the east coast. Just before arriving in Halifax I took a few days and stayed up at Cape Breton which was incredibly beautiful. One of the most enjoyable things is traveling around the region and seeing as much of the Canada and experiencing the culture. Even though Canada wasn’t a culture shock as they have a very similar lifestyle to Australia. This made it easy to fit into a normal routine without having to adjust to a new way of living.

Another amazing experience while on exchange is meeting new people. I would recommend to anyone going on exchange to try and join any activities. From clubs to days organised by the international faculty, I didn’t do as many as I could but would definitely join a sports team if I were to ever do an exchange again.

Going on exchange was definitely an incredible experience and I would encourage anyone to partake in one.

This entry was posted in Canada, Exchange, Faculty of Sciences, North America, Student Blogs and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.