This workshop looks at how and why performance and behavioural issues can arise and the benefits of addressing them early. You will be provided with practical tools which will increase your confidence in preparing for these conversations and the opportunity to practice your skills in having challenging conversations.
The content in this workshop may assist in difficult conversations that arise through PDR, however the focus of this workshop is on problem resolution and conflict management. For assistance in reviewing the performance of staff through the PDR process see PDR Review Conversations.
This program will enable you to:
- understand the imperatives of addressing performance and behavioural issues successfully
- identify underperformance and the reasons behind it
- overcome the barriers that often deter managers/supervisors from initiating a challenging conversation
- confidently prepare for and approach performance issues
- give feedback effectively
- resolve problems and manage conflict