The revised HSW Handbook Chapter ‘Injury Management’ has now been posted on the HSW Website.
Changes to note
The key changes to the chapter are:
- Clarification around the investigation of incidents/illnesses resulting in workers compensation claims;
- Provision of additional information on the determination of a claim and the requirements for the injured employee and claims manager;
- Changes to the income maintenance step-downs in line with the new legislation;
- Changes to terminology as a result of the new legislation e.g. Recovery and Return to Work Plans (RRTW plans), Work Capacity Certificates in lieu of WorkCover Medical Certificates;
- There is no-longer a requirement for “Executive Engagement” under the Self-Insurance Performance Standards and therefore the reporting and monitoring requirements have been removed from the chapter;
- Inclusion of the complaints process within the chapter, where an injured employee is dissatisfied with the claim or rehabilitation process and/or the service received, in lieu of in the Appendix.
Could you please advise/disseminate this information, to the relevant workers in your Schools/Branches, in accordance with your School/Branch consultation arrangements.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact your Division/Faculty HSW Manager.