The revised HSW Handbook Chapter “Diving Safety Management” has now been approved and posted on the HSW Website.
This version of the process seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- To simplify and clarify requirements by dividing the chapter into 3 parts (1) Pre Dive; (2) Dive; and (3) Post Dive activities.
- To provide clearer responsibilities for induction.
- To define and clarify specific roles for the Dive Co-ordinator, Dive Officer, Diver and Restricted diver.
- To align the minimum training, qualification and competency requirements with the WHS Regulations 2012 (SA) and AS/NZS 2299.2:2002.
- To provide clearer instruction that diving deeper than 30m and/or decompression is not permitted for University diving activities.
Should you wish to discuss any of the changes or requirements please do not hesitate to contact your Senior HSW Advisor.