The revised HSW Handbook Chapter “Boating Operations” has now been posted on the HSW Website.
This version of the process seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- To provide clearer administrative and operational responsibilities for boating activities.
(e.g. a new Faculty/Branch Fleet Officer role was created to manage the fleet, and the Boating Officer responsibilities transferred to the Supervisor and the Master of the vessel).
- To ensure that the University complies with Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) legislation, including:
- All vessels have a current certificate of survey
- All vessels have a certificate of operation
- All vessels have a Safety Management System based on a risk assessment
- All boat operators (including the Master) have the appropriate Certificate(s) of Competency
- All marine incidents are reported to the relevant authorities.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact your local HSW contact.