The HSW Team have revised the FAQS for Gas cylinders and compressed gases, to guide workers and supervisors in general precautions and emergency responses.
The information should be read in conjunction with the Chemical Safety Management HSW Handbook chapter.
It includes information on:
- the general hazards of compressed gases;
- how to identify gas cylinders;
- the general rules for use;
- the maintenance requirements including portable regulator inspection and testing; and
- the general rules for storing, transporting and disposing of gas cylinders.
Should you require further information please contact your local HSW contact.