(including infrastructure and facilities)
Human Resources have been working on a new HSW Handbook chapter “Managing HSW in the work environment (including infrastructure and facilities)”.
This chapter aims to fill a gap in our current HSW processes in regard to workspaces, the work environment and facilities by defining responsibilities to ensure that:
- workers and students do not alter, modify, penetrate, change or remove any University owned or leased infrastructure without permission from the University’s Infrastructure Branch;
- the University’s infrastructure is only used in the way that it is intended;
- there is a traffic management plan for each University campus to manage the interaction between vehicles and pedestrians (including events) and the University community is aware of the plan;
- the work environment (e.g. space, lighting, air-quality, access and egress, facilities (including for those workers with special needs or disabilities) is managed; and
- access to spaces that are inherently hazardous or that contain hazardous items are managed (e.g. mobile plant, roof tops, biological hazards, power distribution boards, chemicals).
Note: that consultation over the Chapter will also be advertised through Staff News under the Policy section.
It would be appreciated if you could review and provide any feedback/suggested amendments to the HSW Team
via email using track changes before COB – Friday 21 February 2020.
Should you wish to discuss any of the changes or requirements please do not hesitate to contact your Senior HSW Advisor.