Student Volunteers wanted! Do you want to help raise awareness for kidney health? This walk is for you, then!!
Come by yourself, invite your family and friends to come along.
Kidney Health Australia’s Big Red Kidney Walk is designed to help raise awareness and funds for kidney disease across Australia. It is an event that brings the kidney community together for a family fun day where people can meet, go for a walk or run and enjoy a BBQ and entertainment.
Kidney Health Australia is a not-for-profit organisation whose focus is to improve kidney health outcomes which lead to substantial improvements to the quality of life for people with kidney and urinary tract diseases in the Australian Community. Kidney Health Australia has given a long term commitment to families and children affected by kidney diseases. This year the event is on Sunday 13 September 2015 at Elder park. The volunteers are needed for a range of tasks, including course marshals, assistance with the BBQ, etc.
The duties of the volunteers are pretty similar to previous years – we need volunteers for a range of tasks, including:
- Pre-walk administration: Help our teams get materials and logistics ready for the event day by preparing event packs, distributing information and assisting with general public enquiries.
- Race day set-up: Help on the event day with setting up signs, marquees and other event materials.
- Course marshals: Help us direct walkers and runners throughout the course and cheer them on to reach the finish line!
- Registration information volunteer: Help us welcome participants as they register and answer any questions they may have about the day’s events
- BBQ/Family fun day volunteer: Help us with our post-walk celebration and BBQ with set up and logistics.