One of the skills most valued by Australian employers is “communication”. Would you like to speak clearer, more confident professional English for job interviews and workplace communication?
Careers Service at the University is organising “Improve your English Pronunciation and fluency Workshop – for International Students” on Thursday 26 May 2016 at Hughes Lecture Theatre 309 between 1 and 2 pm. This workshop is hosted by communication expert, Georgie Taylor, to improve your pronunciation and professional spoken English. This interactive session is suitable for students who are intermediate or reasonably fluent in English and will cover
- Common pronunciation mistakes made by non-English speakers and correcting them
- Small talk – what to say and why it’s SO important
- Speaking more fluent English
- Great tips, tools and resources for speaking better English
- Type of communication style that English speaking employers look for.
Only limited space is available for this workshop and registration is essential for attendance to the workshop. Please refer to the website to register for this workshop.