During this challenging time, it can be difficult to keep track of all the financial support that’s available to international students – so we’ve put together this list to provide an overview.
- Limited grants and scholarships are available through Student Care. Check your eligibility on their website.
Tuition fees by instalment
- Apply to have the payment of your tuition fees extended into multiple instalments across a longer period of time. For further information, see the Student Finance website.
Access to food
- The Baptist Care SA Community Food Hub is run in partnership with Foodbank SA and provides FREE bread, fruit and vegetables, and other food and essential items at a reduced cost. Located at 216 Wright St, Adelaide. See their website for more details and opening times. There are also other Foodbank hubs located around the state.
- Open Monday to Friday, the Foodbank Food Hubs are located in Bowden, Christies Beach, Edwardstown and Elizabeth. Bread, fruit and vegetables are free and all other items are heavily discounted.
- Interest-free student loans are available to help University of Adelaide students with living and study costs during their time at University. Loans of up to $1,000 are available, subject to approval. Approved loans are paid into a student’s bank account 5-9 working days after application lodgement. For more information and to apply, see the Student Loan Scheme site.
- For an appointment, call 08 8202 5846 or to visit, find locations at the Uniting Communities website. They offer food and chemist vouchers, assistance with bills and expenses and access to no interest loans.
- Uniting SA offer emergency assistance, including no-interest loans, to those in financial distress.
- The SA Government has announced a series of new principles for commercial and residential tenancies. These include: a short term, temporary moratorium on eviction for non-payment of rent to be applied across commercial tenancies impacted by severe rental distress due to the coronavirus. Tenants and landlords are also encouraged to agree on rent relief or temporary amendments to leases. See the Government of South Australia site for more information.
- The University’s Accommodation Service can provide support for emergencies or difficulties that you experience with your accommodation.
Read more FAQs for international students.