Community support services


Access to food

Red Cross – Emergency Relief for Temporary Visa Holders

  • The Australian Red Cross is providing emergency relief to people on temporary visas in Australia. AR International proudly cooperates with Red Cross to distribute the parcels every fortnight in Adelaide. You are entitled to collect one parcel per registration, from the Adelaide CBD. Register here:

Baptist Care – Community Food Hub:

  • The Baptist Care SA Community Food Hub is run in partnership with Foodbank SA and provides FREE bread, fruit and vegetables, and other food and essential items at a reduced cost. Located at 216 Wright St, Adelaide. See their website for more details and opening times. There are also other Foodbank hubs located around the state.


  • Open Monday to Friday, the Foodbank Food Hubs are located in Bowden, Christies Beach, Edwardstown and Elizabeth. Bread, fruit and vegetables are free and all other items are heavily discounted.

Financial support

Uniting Communities

  •  For an appointment, call 08 8202 5846 or to visit, find locations at the Uniting Communities website. They offer food and chemist vouchers, assistance with bills and expenses and access to no interest loans.

Uniting SA 

  • Uniting SA offer emergency assistance, including no-interest loans, to those in financial distress.

Accommodation support

South Australian Government – Rental advice due to COVID-19

  • The SA Government has announced a series of new principles for commercial and residential tenancies. These include: a short term, temporary moratorium on eviction for non-payment of rent to be applied across commercial tenancies impacted by severe rental distress due to the coronavirus. Tenants and landlords are also encouraged to agree on rent relief or temporary amendments to leases. See the Government of South Australia site for more information.

Accommodation emergency support

  • If you have an accommodation emergency during the close down period, please contact the University Crisis Line.

Medical assistance

  • If you need emergency assistance, call 000 for police, ambulance, or firefighters.
  • For non-emergency assistance, or OSHC enquiries, see our website for contact details.
  • For mental health issues, contact the mental health triage (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) on 131 465.

COVID-19 testing

If you have symptoms of COVID-19, however mild, you should get tested as soon as possible. For information about clinics and testing centres, see the SA Health website. 




This entry was posted in Information and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.