Alumni in Focus – Jonathon Redwood

I graduated from the University of Adelaide with a First Class Honours Degree in Law/ Commerce and the University Medal in 1996.

I then had the privilege to serve as Associate to the former Chief Justice of South Australia John Doyle AC QC until going to Harvard Law School in August 1998 where I completed a Masters in Law having been awarded the Menzies scholarship.

At Harvard I concentrated on comparative constitutional law, corporate law theory and the regulation of international financial markets.

Following Harvard, I worked for six years (from 1999- 2005) in New York in international finance at the leading Wall Street law firm Sullivan and Cromwell.

In 2005 I returned to Australia to fulfil my ambition to become a Barrister at the Australian Bar.

I also undertook further postgraduate study at Oxford University completing the Bachelor of Civil Law with a focus on international dispute resolution and legal theory.

I practice broadly in commercial and public law courts and tribunals around Australia from my chambers in Sydney and Melbourne. I also practice internationally in international arbitration.

I was a research fellow this year at the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law at the University of Cambridge.

My study of law at Adelaide University provided me with the essential foundation to pursue further academic study at leading universities around the world and integrate that study into a diverse and rewarding practise of the law.

When studying and practising overseas, the Adelaide Law School’s rich history, international reputation, distinguished alumni and diverse student body has been a constant source of recognition and reassurance.

This entry was posted in Events, News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.