Adelaide Law School alumnus, Brendan Lim has been awarded the 2014 John Addison Porter Prize by Yale University

Photo: Brendan Lim with dissertation supervisor, Professor Bruce Ackerman (Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science).

Adelaide Law School alumnus, Brendan Lim (LLB Hons 2007), has been awarded the 2014 John Addison Porter Prize by Yale University for his doctoral dissertation, “Crisis and the Canon: Australia’s Constitution after Whitlam”.

The John Addison Porter Prize was established in 1872 and is awarded annually for “a written work of scholarship in any field in the University in which it is possible, through original effort, to gather and relate facts and/or principles and to make the product of general human interest.”

Brendan studied at Yale Law School as a John Monash Scholar. He recently commenced practice as a barrister at Eleven Wentworth Chambers in Sydney and holds a visiting research appointment in the Law Faculty at UNSW.

When asked about his time at Adelaide, Brendan stated, “My undergraduate teachers at Adelaide gave me a sound education in the main areas of Australian law. Much more importantly, however, they gave me the skills, the motivation, and the example by which to engage in the continued inquiry that sustains my practice and my research today.”

This entry was posted in Events, News, Student and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.