Support the latest Fund appeal and help students like Cathryn

When I hear from people like Cathryn, I realise how fortunate I have been in life. I had my struggles, like everybody else, but I had parents who supported me and always encouraged me to do my best. Cathryn was born to parents who were both struggling with drug addictions and living in relative poverty was a reality.

“Truthfully, many adults in my life probably didn’t have much hope that I would even finish high school, let alone study Law. But I knew even then, that education was the only way to follow a different path to the one my parents chose and that hard work can get you anywhere.”

When I first heard this story I knew that the Dean of Law’s Fund had to do something to help Cathryn achieve the dream she had held dear since she was eight years old – her dream to become a lawyer. It is thanks to the generosity of people like you that we have been able to assist Cathryn financially through challenging times to enable her to continue her studies at the University of Adelaide.

“Being a part of the Law School at the University of Adelaide has allowed me to strive towards achieving excellence”. Read more about Cathryn’s story

The Honourable Margaret Nyland AM (LL B 1964)
Chair, Dean of Law’s Fund Committee

Read more information on the Dean of Law’s Fund

Donate online now

This entry was posted in Events, News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.