Australian Red Cross and the University of Adelaide Law School invite you to attend an important conference ‘Protecting Cultural Property in Armed Conflict’. This Conference is an opportunity to bring the issue of protections for cultural property in armed conflict to the fore in the thinking of Australian decision makers and provide a forum for academics and other experts to share their insights and experience. The conference will explore; the international legal paradigms impacting cultural property protections; related contemporary Australian issues; and approaches to cultural property protections and State implementation of Hague obligations.
- Ms Anna Segall, Legal Advisor and Director, Office of International Standards and Legal Affairs – UNESCO
- Mr Shane Simpson AM, Heritage lawyer and author of Borders of Culture: Review of the Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act 1986
- Associate Professor Dale Stephens, Adelaide Law School, University of Adelaide
- Professor Tim McCormack, Special Adviser on IHL to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court in the Hague
- Dr Phoebe Wynn-Pope, Director IHL and Movement Relations, Australian Red Cross
For more information, please visit the Red Cross Website.
Bookings can be made through Trybooking.