The purpose of the Act is to improve the governance arrangements for the University of Adelaide and Flinders University.
The Amendment Act makes various changes to the University of Adelaide Act 1971 (SA) related to:
- Delegation of University Council powers and functions
- Membership of the Council (12-16 members)
- Annual Report of the University
- Indemnification of members of governing committees
- Creation and administration of an investment common fund.
Full details of the amendments and the parliamentary debates can be viewed here.
The University of Adelaide Act establishes the purpose of the University and authorises its ongoing governance and management. The Act was last amended in 2005.