Another eResource provider — Scopus — now has a mobile app available. If you’re a regular Scopus user, and you have an iPhone, you’ll want to give this one a try.
Scopus Alerts (Lite) gives researchers mobile access to the Searching and Alerting features of Scopus. It’s designed to eliminate the need for you to seek out a desktop or laptop computer to search for quality research data while travelling, attending conferences or commuting to work.
This free mobile app is specifically for existing Scopus subscribers and includes some of the most popular features:
- Search across thousands of scholarly journals.
- Share search results and article links through e-mail or Twitter.
- Save important abstracts in one place for easy look-up.
- Set up and review e-mail alerts for favorite searches.
- Set up e-mail alerts for when an author cites a particular article.
- Annotate abstracts with your own notes.
Before using the app, you need to visit the Scopus site on your desktop and register using your University email address.