In co-operation with the University of Adelaide Library, Springer Nature will be hosting an Author Symposium on book and journal publishing this August. Come along to this informative session and find out more about the role of publishing in today’s academic environment, how to decide which publications are right for your research, and what new developments, such as open access and e-books, actually mean for researchers and academics.
Springer Editors, Nick Melchior and Ilaria Walker, will present on the following topics:
- An introduction to Springer, Nick Melchior
- Australia in a global scientific context, Ilaria Walker
- Journal publishing with Springer, Nick Melchior
- Academic book publishing with Springer – how it works, Ilaria Walker
- Practical book publishing examples, Ilaria Walker
Morning tea will also be provided from 9:40 am onwards.
When: Wednesday 8th August, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library Level 3