More than 3 million dollars has been awarded in grants and Fellowships to Centre Members and their collaborators since November in an end of year funding boost for men’s health research. We thank the Royal Adelaide Hospital, the National Health and Medical Research Council, the Cancer Council of South Australia, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia, Cancer Australia and the National Heart Foundation for recognising and supporting our important research programs that have the potential to positively influence men’s health, and the brilliant scientists who lead them.
Royal Adelaide Hospital Research Review Committee
- Dr Sean Martin and co-Investigators A/Prof Nick Brook, Dr Phillip Tully and Prof Gary Wittert: Interrogating the effect of depression symptomology on the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) in men.
- Dr Adel Aref and co-Investigators Prof Peter Sutherland, A/Prof Lisa Butler, Dr Andrew Vincent, Dr Michael O’Callaghan and Prof Gary Wittert: Influence of obesity and lipid abnormalities on prostate cancer aggressiveness among men treated for prostate cancer at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
National Health & Medical Research Council
- Prof Robert Adams, Prof Doug McEvoy (Lead Investigator Flinders Uni), Prof Nigel Stocks, Prof Nick Zwar, Prof Ron Grunstein, Dr Ching Li Chai-Coetzer, Prof Leon Lack, Prof Sally Redman, and Dr Andrew Vakulin: The Centre of Research Excellence for Sleep Health Services Research.
- Prof Wayne Tilley, Dr Theresa Hickey, Dr Luke Selth, A/Prof Jason Carroll, A/Prof Elgene Lim, A/Prof Anthony Joshua, Dr Wilbert Zwart : Pushing AR toward better outcomes in breast and prostate cancers.
- A/Prof Lisa Butler: Targeting the AR.
Cancer Council of South Australia
- A/Prof Lisa Butler: Beat Cancer Fellowship – From bedside to bench to bedside: improving prognosis and treatment of prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- Dr Zeyad Nassar: John Mills Young Investigator Award: Targeting polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism for prostate cancer treatment.
National Heart Foundation – Tom Simpson Trust Fund
- Dr Phillip Tully: Equipment grant – Ambulatory blood pressure monitor.
We would also like to acknowledge and thank the University of Adelaide for recognising excellence and committing funds for Dr Luke Selth, under a University Post-doctoral Research Fellowship for 2018.