With the generous support of Mundipharma and AstraZeneca, the 2018 Freemasons Foundation Centre for Men’s Health’s Surgical and Research Travelling Fellowship offers a grant of up to $15,000 to support South Australian surgical clinicians working in the field of men’s health to undertake advanced overseas surgical training and related clinical research. Preference is given to proposals that contribute to the advancement of surgical skills relevant to men’s health. Applications should be consultant clinicians, based in South Australia, with a commitment to the public health system.
Fellowships are available to permanent resident consultant clinicians in South Australia working in surgical disciplines with an emphasis on men’s health. Other eligibility criteria include:
- Applicants must be a current active research member of the Freemasons Foundation Centre for Men’s Health at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants must be accepted on a recognised training programme that requires work outside Australia for its completion or significant advancement.
- Applicants must be established consultant surgeons holding the FRACS, or equivalent.
- The planned Fellowship is during 2018 and with an end date no later than Sept 2018 to enable reporting before Dec 2018.
- Applicants plan to participate in clinical research during the fellowship period, with opportunities for ongoing collaboration preferred.
The Management Group’s decision on the eligibility of an application shall be final. Only one Fellowship is to be awarded in 2018.
Applications addressing the above criteria and relevant supporting documentation are now open and will close April 30th, 2018.
All applications should be sent via email with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org