The FFCMH congratulates senior member Associate Professor Lisa Butler and co-Investigators on being awarded two year extension funding of $2Mi for theRevolutionary Team Award program on Lipids in Prostate Cancer from the Movember Foundation and the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA).
Professor Lisa Horvath, Medical Oncologist, from the Garvan Institute, joins the Revolutionarary Team comprising:
- Associate Professor Lisa Butler (Team Leader) and Dr Margaret Centenera from the Uni of Adelaide’s Prostate Cancer Research Group, SAHMRI and FFCMH
- Professor Wayne Tilley and Dr Luke Selth from the Uni of Adelaide’s Adelaide Prostate Cancer Research Centre, Dame Roma Mitchell Cancer Research Laboratories, and FFCMH
- Professor Gary Wittert, and Dr Andrew Vincent; University of Adelaide, FFCMH Clinical and Population Health Research Group , SAHMRI
- Professor Andrew Scott, The Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research in Melbourne
- Dr Andrew Hoy, the University of Sydney
- Professor Johannes Swinnen, the University of Leuven, Belgium.
This project aims to further our understanding of the role of altered lipid metabolism, known to be associated with androgen receptor regulation, and prostate cancer biology and disease aggressiveness, and how this may be exploited to develop biomarkers, and optimise screening, and potentially identify new drug targets.
Click here to view a recent review from Professor Butler on the topic