Many instructors are using quiz analytics in Semester 2 to review quiz results in their courses. If you’re planning to review quiz results in your course, quiz analytics provides actionable information about student’s performance.
You can view a summary for each quiz which includes all results on a distribution graph, average score, standard deviation and high/low score. Instructors are regularly using the following quiz analytics features:
- Question breakdown visualizations per quiz question
- % of students that answered the question correctly
- Which students gave the correct/incorrect response
- Overall score for each student that provided a response
- Discrimination index. This shows how well the quiz question differentiates between students who scored higher overall and those who scored lower
Watch this 1 minute video to find out how you can easily access quiz analytics in your course.
For more information check out the Canvas Guide for quiz analysis measurements and discrimination index.
Find out more about the data you can access in MyUni on the Learning Analytics website.