Building Canvas community at InstructureCon0017  

Colleen

Guest blog by Colleen Ortega

In July, I joined 3000 other members of the Canvas community at InstructureCon0017 in Colorado. I was lucky enough to present about the MyUni Transform project. Whilst there, I met other Canvas users from around the globe to discuss many topics. The highlights were:

• Improving the Canvas Community
  • Sharing ideas to support staff and students in using Canvas
  • Exploring up and coming features
  • Sharing resources and course design rubrics
  • Canvas hacks

The days of travel and incredible jet lag were worth it. I learned about community created Canvancements (Canvas hacks), who to follow for all things Canvas – Canvas mobile and discussed online course design standards with California Community Colleges.

I found this summary of the latest Canvas product and feature enhancement news announced at InstructureCon17. Some interesting updates are ‘assignment and page duplication’ to save time updating your course, the new gradebook and an update to simplify Quiz testing.

In sharing with others from around the world it’s nice to know our challenges aren’t unique when it comes to learning and teaching. This means we can work together to find solutions.

Join in the global user network. Start by joining us in the APAC group.

See you around campus & online!

This entry was posted in Events, News, Peer adoption, Project update and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.