How are students doing in your course?

light 2
Instructors are increasingly using data in MyUni to reveal insights into student activity including student progress towards completing their assessments. You can also use MyUni tools to identify students at risk to help get them back on track.

Dr Dirk Boehe has been exploring MyUni data and shared “You may want to know whether your students have engaged in a specific course activity since a lack of engagement is an early warning signal for students’ learning achievement”. Dr Boehe uses the data to establish which students have accessed the course. For example Dr Boehe reported “I also noticed that about 90% of my students have by now (week 4) looked at our course outline”…”Canvas tells us how many times these 90% of my students have looked at their course outline and when they have looked at it for the last time. Since the 10% of my students who have not yet read our course outline are seriously at risk of failing the course, I also send them a message to make them aware of the risk they are taking.” Associate Professor Dr Dirk Boehe, Business School, University of Adelaide.

You can discover how student data in MyUni can identify early warning signs to help get students back on track. Here are some quick links to useful Canvas guides:

Find out more about the data you can access on the Learning Analytics website or contact us at learn_analytics@adelaide.edu.au.

This entry was posted in News, Peer adoption, Support and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.